I have just had to pick all of my tomatoes, green ones and all, because we’re having such extreme heat that the tomatoes were literally being cooked on the vine!
I’m so sad because now I only have one plant left that isn’t in direct sunshine. That said, I know that people with larger gardens have the same issue during the summer: too much fruit at once, which is why I decided to put a dozen of my favorite tomato recipes all in one post so that anyone who needs some new tomato ideas has plenty of choices. Enjoy!
A Dozen Different Ways To Use
Fresh Garden Tomatoes
(12 Super Easy, INSANELY Delicious Recipes!)
1. BRUSCHETTA– If you’ve never had this bread, tomato, garlic and basil heavenliness, please try it STAT! Remember it’s pronounced BROO-SKAY-TAH! (CH in Italian is pronounced like it is in CHIANTI.)
2. GAZPACHO is the perfect summer soup for hot days because it’s served COLD. So nutritious and tasty, too!
3. ZIA MARIA’S TUNA, EGG AND TOMATO SALAD. My aunt in Italy made this and I flipped because I loved the flavors together. Who knew you could mix tuna and eggs?
4. AUTHENTIC (QUICK) ITALIAN TOMATO SAUCE FOR PASTA. Yes, you can use real tomatoes and it will be ready before the pasta’s finished cooking!
5. AVOCADO AND TOMATO SALAD. This combination is a match made in heaven, in case you didn’t know.
6. PIZZA! Step away from the processed tomato topping! This recipe is TOO easy!
7. CAPRESE SALAD. A summer staple at our house and at picnics, Hollywood Bowl and Shakespeare nights!
8. SALSA FRESCA. Nothing beats fresh, homemade salsa! (My friend Cynthia’s recipe.)
9. PANZANELLA a simple Italian salad with tomatoes in the starring role.
10. BURRATA FILLED TOMATOES so simple to make, but so impressive.
11. TORTILLA SOUP A great summer soup!
12. PACCHERI Seafood lovers will delight in this dish.
Don’t miss another post! Sign up for my free subscription HERE, but make sure to look for the
Feedburner confirmation email or you’ll get nothing, nada, niente and zippo in your mailbox!
(I promise not to sell or share your info, ever!)