Hi everyone! I’m finally back in Los Angeles after traveling in Europe for over five weeks, and I must tell you that could never have imagined that my trip would be as phenomenal as it was.*
I managed to book all my flights about a month before I left, which meant there was truly no time to do any real planning or research for the cities I visited (granted, I did visit a lot of family), but sometimes I almost pinched myself when I realized where I was and what I was doing, just to make sure it was really happening! I was extremely fortunate with the weather, and even when the forecast in Scotland had predicted rain every day that I was going to be there, I managed to end up experiencing some of the best weather they’d had during the entire summer. Just take a look at this shot of the river behind The Pollok House in Glasgow!
I will be posting about the sites I visited and including recipes which I will then link to, on this post. At the end, every place I visited (and the recipes which were inspired or gleaned from my trip) will all be listed here, all in one post.
- WARE, UK- Afternoon Tea at Hanbury Manor
- LONDON, UK- The Bull & Hide Pub, Hotel and Restaurant
- BRUGES, BELGIUM- A Super Lekker, Authentic Recipe for Belgian Waffles and a Day Trip to Bruges!
- GENEVA, SWITZERLAND (part 1)- Stunning Geneva, and her Delicious Offerings
- GENEVA, SWITZERLAND (part 2)- Cottage Café and a Photographic Tour of Geneva
- GENEVA, SWITZERLAND (part 3)- Old Town Geneva, Carouge and Cheese and Bacon Crostini
- BORDEAUX, FRANCE- The Day Two Ex-Pat Scottish Girls Met and Discovered Bordeaux, France
- MONTPELLIER DE MÉDILLAN, FRANCE- Cooking Class with Karen Burns Booth and Jill Colonna
- PARIS, FRANCE- 6 Things Not to Miss in and Near the Montparnasse Area of Central Paris
- TERRACINA & SPERLONGA, ITALY- Paccheri with Seafood Sauce & a Drive from Rome to Sperlonga
- CASSINO, ITALY- Lazio Towns and Markets and Authentic Peasant-style cooking from Il Contadino
- FRASCATI and LAGO ALBANO, ITALY- Festa di Santa Lucia & How Not to Drive to Ciampino Airport
- ROME, ITALY- Hotel Columbia, Rome and How to Find Authentic Italian Cuisine in Touristy Italy
- BATTLE, HASTINGS and BEXHILL, ENGLAND- Chicken, Brie and Cranberry Pie and Battle and Bexhill
- AYLESBURY, WOODSTOCK and KNUTSFORD, ENGLAND- Waddesdon Manor, Blenheim Palace and Tatton Hall
- GLASGOW and HELENSBURGH, SCOTLAND- The Pollok House and Craigard Tearoom
- AUCHTERARDER, SCOTLAND- Afternoon Tea at Gleneagles Hotel
*Nota bene: in the interest of full disclosure, I’d like to explain that all of my positive posts, reviews and writing are not fully inclusive of the places I visit; whenever I have a bad experience, don’t like the food or service I’ve been given, or simply don’t like the hotel, restaurant or town, please rest assured that I will not be writing about them as I don’t want my site to a place of negativity. I can also assure you that I have omitted places that have not been up to my standards.
Everything you read on my site is based on my own opinion, and that is all.
On occasion, I will make suggestions on what to avoid, or share information about something that may help you, as travelers, and in those cases I feel it is helpful and not negative. So if you think that everywhere I go is fabulous, that is simply not true; I only share quality establishments that I deem worthy of sharing with you on my site and would return to myself. I also make it clear if my meal, attraction ticket or hotel stay was complimentary or hosted (if there is no disclosure, I paid for it myself) and the same rules apply in both situations: just because something was given to me does not mandate a positive review. If you follow me regularly, I hope you have come to trust me and know that I am conscientious and honest and that my principles always come first. I truly appreciate you following along!
Don’t miss another post! Sign up for my free subscription HERE, but make sure to look for the
Feedburner confirmation email or you’ll get nothing, nada, niente and zippo in your mailbox!
(I promise not to sell or share your info, ever!)