As you probably know, I just got back from a week long trip to Jamaica (which I won from BevMo!)
So after eating lots of tropical fruit, many of which I’d never seen or heard of before, you’ll be seeing their influence here on my blog, including today’s delicious concoction which will be a pleasant tropical treat in the midst of this horrific winter that many in the US, UK and Europe have been experiencing.
Each morning in Jamaica, I’d have a lovely little banana which was grown on the resort’s property and it was incredibly delicious.
I’m not a huge banana fan like some people I know, but in certain recipes, they really are wonderful, and I think this Caramelized Rum Banana recipe is one of them. It’s something you can throw together in a few minutes using only four ingredients, yet is really quite impressive too!
Caramelized Rum Bananas with Ice Cream
makes 2 servings (photos show 1 banana)
2 tbsp good quality butter
3 tbsp dark brown sugar
2 ripe bananas (not overly ripe/brown), peeled, cut in half and sliced in lengthwise
1 or 2 tbsp dark rum (omit for alcohol-free)
vanilla ice cream, to serve
Place the butter and sugar in a sauté pan over low heat, and stir until the sugar dissolves and begins to bubble. Simmer for about 2 minutes then add the bananas; continue to simmer and turn the bananas for another minute or so.
Don’t miss another post! Sign up for my free subscription HERE, but make sure to look for the
Feedburner confirmation email or you’ll get nothing, nada, niente and zippo in your mailbox!
(I promise not to sell or share your info, ever!)
- 2 tbsp good quality butter
- 3 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 2 ripe bananas (not overly ripe/brown) peeled, cut in half and sliced lengthwise
- 1 or 2 tbsp dark rum (omit for alcohol-free)
- Place the butter and sugar in a sauté pan over low heat, and stir until the sugar dissolves and begins to bubble. Simmer for about 2 minutes then add the bananas; continue to simmer and turn the bananas for another minute or so.
- Add the rum, stir and remove from heat.
- Place a scoop of ice cream in two serving bowls, then top each with 4 pieces of banana; drizzle with the syrup.