Isn’t it funny what a difference a week or two makes?
During the holidays, everyone is baking cookies, making desserts, having big dinners, and calories just aren’t counted. Then, the clock strikes midnight on December 31st, bringing us into the New Year, and a new mindset. All of a sudden, almost everyone is on a diet, sweets are off the menu, and there are stampedes to the gym!
Too bad we can’t keep everything in moderation throughout the year.
I could buck the trend, and write about big, soft, fluffy, deep-fried doughnuts, but I know most people just won’t want to see that now…so here’s a recipe for a healthy snack, made with sweet potatoes. My mother is in town and she just loves these, so she made some. They are baked in the oven, and not fried, so that’s a plus, not to mention that sweet potatoes are some of the most nutritious things on the planet!
- Granola that tastes like a mix of Alpen and a cluster filled box from Trader Joe’s
- Ciambelle (chewy Italian bread things, for lack of a better description!)
- Tarte Tatin, to equal the one made at Taix French Restaurant in LA
- Homemade Gnocchi that taste like my aunts’ in Italy
- Chicken Korma that won’t disappoint me
- Oke’s Korean Cucumber Side Dish/Salad
- My friend Sheila’s Chocolate Trifle
- Kung Pao Chicken
- Irish Soda Scones
- Peruvian Ceviche
- A Nutella Cake
- Croquembouche (Pièce Montée)
Here is another super healthy snack which can become addictive…