- 4 Granny Smith apples, peeled cored, sliced and steamed with the juice of 1/2 lemon and 2 tbsp. of sugar, until softened
- Puff pastry (5×5 squares)
Heat oven to 400ºF
1. Place about 2 tbsp. of steamed apples in the center of a pastry square.
2. Wet the edges of two adjacent sides of the pastry and fold the pastry over.
3. Seal the edges with the tines of a fork, and make a cut or two on top, to vent.
4. Repeat with the rest of the apples and pastry, and place on lined baking sheet.
5. Brush the tops of the turnovers with slightly beaten egg white.
6. Bake for approximately 20-25 mins. until a golden brown color. Enjoy!